Saturday, July 28, 2012

Paris en Juillet

"Il faut avoir vécu des années dans le rien pour comprendre comment on peut être subitement effrayé par la possibilité." (Foenkinos' La Delicatesse)
Unexpectedly, Paris was quite cold this July, but that did not keep me from enjoying its beauties :)  
Seine's banks, full of souvenirs and old books...
My friends, the gargoyles, up the Notre Dame, always waiting for something...
Le Marche aux Fleurs, one of my top 5 favorite places in Paris...

"La Delicatessse", by David Foenkinos and "Paris Revealed" by Stephen Clarke were two reads I loved and recommend if Paris is on your mind for a future vacation and if you want to discover either its secrets and past, or if you want to get an intimate account of a sad Parisian's life and loves...
...and "Cafe de Flore" is a superb film, mostly set in 1960s Paris, starring Vanessa Paradis.

2 comments:

Bellezza said...

Oh, I love the photographs you put which gave me a virtual trip to the lovely Paris. Thanks, too, for the links to books and film, both of which are new to me.

Ally said...

It was my 4th time rediscovering Paris and there is always something to unravel :)