Wednesday, February 1, 2012

VENICE IN FEBRUARY IS HERE!


The amazing reading challenge that I am hosting together with DolceBellezza is finally here and my, the number of books to be enjoyed is so high I had trouble deciding what to read in one of the busiest months of the year, it seems. BUT, struggle aside, I finally decided on four books, hoping to be able to read them all this month. Here they are:


And since Venice is more than the background for an enthralling plot, it is a mystery in itself, this month there will be plenty of posts dedicated to the ever so fascinating SERENISSIMA, so feel free to drop by anytime and don't forget that it's incredibly easy to join us: just read at least one book set in Venice. You can link your participation here.

P.S. Re-reads count, as I am going to read The Passion for the fourth time :)

4 comments:

Bellezza said...

Well, friend, I'll be reading Passion for the first time thanks to you! And, I'm almost ready to post on McEwan's The Comfort of Strangers and well as Dickens' Pictures from Italy. Such fun we're going to have! Love this idea of yours! May it continue long past February, 2012.

Ally said...

I am getting more and more thrilled with each day :)i am sure it will be a lasting challenge, at least for us two :)
I love McEwan, and The Comfort of Strangers was very good, but Enduring Love was better :)

Rikki said...

I am looking forward to the one book I am going to read for your challenge, but also to your Venice themed posts. This is going to be a good reading month.

Ally said...

Thanks for joining us, Rikki! Hope you will feel at ease to read it. I myself have so many ideas but so little time I am starting to despair...