Sunday, November 20, 2011

Venice in February Reading Challenge 2012



And the time has finally come to reveal the challenge I have been hinting at for a few months now: in February, together with Bellezza, I will be hosting a simple yet marvelous reading challenge: read one, two or how many books you would like and have the time for, that are related/based in Venice.

We have chosen Venice because it's a unique city, with a dreamlike atmosphere and yet, with secrets to discover. Whoever visited Venice once still wishes to go back and this challenge may be the next best thing :)

There are two buttons that you may choose from if you want to join us, a very long list of books to choose from - or come up with others - HERE and a BLOG where you could link your reviews and also enjoy "other things Venice".

So, are you up for the challenge of (re)discovering the mysteries of VENICE, A PURE CITY?

12 comments:

Rikki said...

Oh, you are tempting me! This challenge wouldn't be too hard actually since I already have a book on my soon TBR list that is on your list also. The Hemingway one. So, I think I will join. Great idea!

Ally said...

I am glad you will be joining! I am sure great books are waiting to be discovered :)

Bellezza said...

I'm up for it! I'm so thrilled to begin, I may even have to start early! I have The Passion, a kind gift from a friend ;) and Death in La Fenice, both calling my name. If I start early, that will leave me time for more, right? Thanks for coming up with this brilliant plan, Ally, and for allowing me to be your co-host.

Ally said...

I guess we can cheat during this challenge :)) I am so glad you were willing to go with my idea!

Birgit said...

Thanks for the invitation to your challenge, yet I'm not really a big fan of Italy :-S !

Great to have you on board of my Tea & Books Reading Challenge!! I own so many heavy tomes and it's about time I read them, so I really *need* this challenge and the fact that others will be participating as well, just adds to the fun.

Ally said...

Birgit, that's no problem, but there are fantastic books to be discovered, I'm warning you :))

Nan said...

I've already done the link on Bellezza's blog, but I wanted to let you know as well.

http://lettersfromahillfarm.blogspot.com/2011/11/venice-in-february.html

Ally said...

Thanks so much for joining us! :)

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Sounds great! I will do a sign up post.

This dovetails with the European Reading Challenge I'm hosting on Rose City Reader. I'll add a link to your challenge on my challenge page.

Also, I have a fairly long list of Venice books that I have been working on. Your challenge will insprire me.

Ally said...

@Rose City Reader: Thanks so much for joining us! I am sure we'll enjoy it a lot!

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

I added my official sign up post to the challenge page. I'll get a button in the sidebar next.

I must also put it on my calendar for February so I remember!

Ally said...

Excellent! :)